One woman got up and spoke of a game. In this game, your bank deposits $86,400 into your account every day. But like all games, there are certain rules and restrictions. There are three main rules to this game:
- As soon as you wake up in the morning, your account has $86,400 and at the end of the day, whatever you have left goes to $0. The next day this cycle repeats. You can't put the money into a different account or even withdraw it to save up from day to day.
- You are the only one who can use this money. You can us it on others, but you can't just give them money. You are the only one who is able to us this.
- The bank can decide that the game is over whenever it wants. There may not be any sort of warning or advanced notice. The game is over whenever the bank decides.
So that's it. Those are the rules! So what would you do if you were in this game? What would you do with your daily allotment of $86,400? Would you buy everything you have ever wanted? Would you just let it sit and use as much as you need? Would you buy things for other people and help them? What would you do?
As I'm sure you have guessed by now, this game is, in a way, real! Every day, God gives us 86,400 minutes. They are ours to use in whatever way we want, but obviously the same rules apply:
- Whatever time we waste or don't us properly is taken away and we can never get it back.
- We are the only ones who can use this time; we can't lend it to anyone who is very busy and needs more time in the day.
- The game (life) ends whenever the bank (God) decides it is time for it to end.
Time is a very precious resource. It is the only thing that, no matter how hard we try, we can never get back. So it is our duty to use it properly. As I have thought about this analogy over the past day, I have really gained some great insight! I have learned a lot about what I am doing with my time and how I am using it. I have also learned that there is more I need to be doing and ways that I can better use that time.
So now I pose to you the question again. What will you do with the 86,400 seconds that God has given you today? tomorrow? the next day?