Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Max's Baptism

It was at the end of September that I first met Max. From the very beginning I could tell that she had been prepared by God to receive this message. In one of our first meetings with Max she asked about piercings. Elder Callahan and I told her that our leaders had asked that women only have one set of piercings on their ears. A few minutes later she responded and said that she had just taken all of her piercings out! From that moment I knew that she was ready and willing to do whatever it took to follow God. And she was!

In her own words, this is her experience:

"It was in August 2011 I decided that I didn't want to live my life as it was before because I was kind of a foul mouthed little so and so. I looked up religion on the internet and I came across The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, so I went onto www.mormon.org and spoke to a missionary and asked him some questions about the church. 

I then logged onto my emails as I usually do, and found an email from a missionary called Elder Ryan Tucker. I added him on Facebook and luckily he was online.

I started to speak with him and told him I wanted to change my life from what it was and he said to me he would either get in contact with my local missionaries to be taught or they could teach me. I said, ‘You can if that was ok’ and they said it was fine. It was Elder Tucker and his companion Elder Callahan. So we set up a lesson for a few days later.
 
And so I was taught the first lesson and it was followed by many more. They managed to get in contact with the local missionaries but it was Peterborough ward they got in contact with. I spoke to the Elder from there and I met up with him a week later and got my copy of The Book of Mormon and started to read it when I got home that night. While I met with the missionaries he called the Elders at Huntingdon and apparently that was my ward and not Peterborough.

And then I phoned Elder Polo the missionary for Huntingdon ward and he arranged transport for me to go to church on that Sunday and so I did. I was nervous of course once I met him in person but he was really friendly and helpful.

And after a few months they came out and spoke to my mum about me getting baptized and she agreed. On the 14th of January, 2012 I was baptized. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced and afterwards I felt the Holy Ghost with me and I still can. On Sunday I get to get the gift of the Holy Ghost officially and I'm so excited for that to happen!

I know that the church is true and every scripture is true and I am so grateful for Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. I wouldn't be where I am now without the help of Him and the missionaries. I am glad I am baptized and have washed away my sins!"

Max had some trials along the way but I know that they only strengthened her testimony. It has been a pleasure to see how Max has changed for the better over the past few months! I am so grateful for this gospel. It truly does improve every single person who choose to accept it!

No comments:

Post a Comment